Sun, eulogized by the author
of the Lal Kitab as Vishnu, the
lord of presentation, is the
father of our solar system, around
which all planets resolve. The
power of light in the sky, the
temperature of the earth, the
power of presentation and progress
are represented by the sun. His
presence means the "day"
and absence means the
"night". The soul in
human body and the power of
rendering bodily services to
others have also been referred to
the Sun - a royal planet of power,
authority and finances.
Sun provides good results if
placed in houses 1 to 5,8,9,11 and
12. The 6th, 7th, and 10th are bad
houses for the Sun. The Moon, the
Jupiter and the Mars are the
planets friendly to the Sun, where
the Saturn, Venus, Rahu and Ketu
are enemies. The first is the
Puccka Ghar, the permanent house
and the house of exaltation of the
Sun, whereas the 7th house is in
the house of debilitation. The
Mars in the 6th and Ketu in the
1st house make the Sun produce
results of an exalted planet. If
the Sun is exalted or placed in an
auspicious house of a person's
horoscope he is bound to rise
higher and higher in power and
position. If obstacles are created
against him by a person that
person is bound to meet his doom.
Much better results are proposed
if the Sun is in conjunction with
Sun gives adverse effects on the
things associated with the house
in which he is placed.
Consequently in the Ist house he
will create health problems for
the native. In the 2nd house he
will affect the family and its
comforts absolutely adversely.
sun in the 6th house will not
prove good for the sisters and
daughters of the native. In the
7th he will face obstacles in the
comforts of the wife. The Sun of
the 8th house will save the native
from death in critical situations.
sun of the 9th house will destroy
the comforts of the forefathers
and perhaps deprive the native of
their properties. In the 10th, the
sun will affect the father
adversely. The sun in the 11th
increases and multiplies the
income of the native manifold, if
he does not augment the power of
Saturn by consumption of liquor,
meat and eggs. The Sun in the 12th
house destroys the comforts of the
night hour sleep of the native.
Sun will not be able to harm Venus
when sun is being expected by
Saturn because Saturn and Venus
are great friends. On the
contrary, if Saturn is being
expected by Sun, then the Sun will
not be afraid of Saturn and he
will destroy the Venus as both are
natural enemies in the house where
he is placed.
effects of the Sun in both the
situations in different houses are
as below :
in 1st House
(1) The native will be fond of
constructing religious buildings
and digging of wells for
public purposes. He will have
permanent source of livelihood-
more from the government. Money
earned from honest
sources will keep multiplying. He
will believe only his eyes, not in
The native's father may die in
early childhood. Having sex in the
day time will make the wife
constantly ill and have infection
of tuberculosis if Venus is placed
in the 7th house. Malefic sun in
the 1st house and Mars in the 5th
house will cause the death of
sons, one after the other.
Similarly, the malefic Sun in the
1st house and Saturn in the 8th
house will cause the death of
wives, one after the other. If
there is no planet in the 7th
house the marriage before 24th
year will prove lucky for the
native, otherwise the 24th year of
the native would prove highly
disastrous for him
(1) Marry before 24th year of
(2) Don't have sex with wife
during the day time.
(3) Install a hand pump for water
in your ancestral house.
(4) Construct small dark room in
the left side at the end of your
(5) Either of the spouse must stop
eating "GUR" i.e.
in 2nd house
(1) The native will be
self-dependent, skilled in
handiwork and would prove highly
helpful to parents, maternal
uncles, sisters, daughters
(2) The Sun in the 2nd will become
more auspicious if the Moon is
(3) Ketu in the 8th house will
make the native very truthful.
(4) Rahu in the 9th house makes
the native a renowned artist or
(5) Ketu in the 9th house makes
him a great technician.
(6) Mars in the 9th house makes
(7) The generous nature of the
native would put an end to growing
(1) The Sun will affect very
adversely the things and relatives
associated with the planets
inimical to the Sun i.e., wife,
cows, taste, mother etc. Disputes
and wife will spoil the native.
(2) Never accept donations if the
Moon is placed in the 8th house
in the 2nd house is not
auspicious; otherwise the native
(3) The Sun in the 2nd house, Mars
in the 1st and Moon in the 12th
make the native's condition
critical and pathetic in every
(4) Mars in the 8th house makes
the native extremely greedy if the
2nd house is inauspicious.
(1) Donate coconut, mustard oil
and almonds to religious places of
(2) Manage to avoid disputes
involving wealth, property and
(3) Avoid accepting donations,
specially rice, silver and milk.
in 3rd House
(1) The native will be rich,
self-dependant and having younger
(2) He will be blessed with divine
grace and will earn profits
intellectual by pursuits.
(3) He will be interested in
astrology and mathematics.
(1) If the Sun is not auspicious
in the 3rd house and the Moon is
auspicious in the horoscope, there
will be daylight robbery or
the native's house.
(2) If the 9th house is afflicted,
the forefathers would have been
1st house is afflicted, the
neighbours of the native will be
(1) Obtain blessings of the mother
by keeping her happy.
(2) Serve others with rice or
(3) Practice good conduct and
avoid evil deeds.
in 4th House
(1) The native will be wise, kind
and a good administrator. He will
source of income. He will leave a
legacy of great riches for
springs after death.
(2) If the Moon is with the Sun in
the 4th house, the native will
profit through certain new
(3) The Mercury in the 10th or 4th
house will make such a native a
(4) If Jupiter is also with the
Sun in the 4th house, the native
profits through gold and silver
(1) The native becomes greedy,
inclined to commit theft and likes
others. This tendency ultimately
produces very bad results.
(2) If the Saturn is placed in the
7th house he becomes victimised by
(3) If the Sun is inauspicious in
the 7th house and mars is placed
house, the native's eye will
become seriously defective, but
will not dwindle.
(4) The native will become
impotent if the Sun in the 4th is
Moon is placed in the 1st or 2nd
house, the Venus is in the
Saturn is in the 7th house.
(1) Distribute alms and food to
the needy people.
(2) Do not take up business
associated with iron and wood.
(3) Business associated with gold,
silver, cloth will give very good
in 5th house
(1) The progress and prosperity of
family and children will be
is placed in the 1st or 8th house
and Rahu, Ketu, Saturn
placed in 9th and 12th houses, the
native will lead king's life.
(2) If in 5th house placed with
any planet inimical to sun, the
bestowed hour by the government
(3) If Jupiter is placed in 9th or
12th house, the enemies will be
destroyed, but this position will
not be good for children of the
(1) If the Sun in the 5th is
inauspicious and Jupiter is in
10th, the wife
native will die and wives in
subsequent marriages will also die
(2) If the sun in the 5th house is
inauspicious and Saturn is placed
of the native will die.
(1) Do not delay in having a
(2) Build your kitchen in the
eastern portion of your house.
(3) Drop a lit the quantity of
mustard oil on the ground
in 6th House
(1) Native will be lucky, prone to
anger, will have beautiful spouse
benefit from that government.
(2) If Sun is in the 6th house and
Moon, Mars and Jupiter in the 2nd
following tradition will be
(3) If sun is in 6th house and
Ketu in 1st or 7th house then the
a son and after the 48th year
great fortune will follow.
(1) The native's son and maternal
family will face bad times. Will
native health adversely.
(2) If there is a no planet in the
2nd house, the native will get a
government job in the 22nd year of
(3) If Mars is placed in the 10th
house the native's sons will die
(4) Mercury in the 12th house
causes high blood pressure.
(1) Ancestral customs and ritu
also should be strictly followed;
family progress and happiness will
(2) Underground furnaces should
not be constructed with in the
of the house.
(3) After taking dinner blow off
the fire of the kitchen stove by
sprinkling milk over it.
(4) Always keep Gangajal in the
premises of your house.
(5) Offer wheat or Gur to monkeys.
in 7th House
(1) If Jupiter, Mars or Moon are
placed in the 2nd house, the
occupy a ministerial position in
(2) If the Mercury is exalted or
Mercury in the 5th or 7th house is
by Mars, the native will have
unending sources of income.
(1) If the Sun is inauspicious in
the 7th house and Jupiter, Venus
planet is placed in the 11th house
and Mercury is malefic in
house, the native will encounter
the death of several
of his family together. Obstacles
from the government
like tuberclosis and asthma will
vicitimise the native.
of fire, embalmment and other
family troubles will madden
native who may go to the extent of
becoming a recluse or
(2) Malefic Sun in the 7th and
Mars or Saturn in the 2nd or 12th
in the 1st house cause leprosy or
(1) Lessen the amount of salt
(2) Start any work after taking a
little sweet with water.
(3) Offer a little piece of your
chapati to the fire of the kitchen
(4) Serving and rearing up a black
cow or a cow without horns, but
that the cow is not white.
in 8th House
(1) Government favours will accrue
from the 22nd year of life.
(2) Here the Sun makes the native
truthful, saintly and king like.
able to harm him.
(1) Mercury in the 2nd house will
create economic crisis.
(2) Native will be short tempered,
impatient & will have ill
(1) Never keep a white cloth in
(2) Never live in the house facing
(3) Always eat something sweet and
drink water before starting any
(4) Throw copper coins in a
burning pyre (Chita) whenever
(5) Throw Gur (jaggery) in running
in 9th House
(1) Native will be lucky, good
natured will have good family life
(2) If Mercury is in the 5th
house, the native will have
fortune after 34
(1) Native will be evil and
troubled by his brothers.
(2) Disfavour from government and
loss of reputation.
(1) Never accept articles of
silver as gifts or donation.
(2) Ancestral pots and utensils of
brass must be used and not sold.
(3) Avoid extreme anger and
in 10th House
(1) Benefits and favours from
government, good health and
(2) The native will get a
government job and comforts of
(3) The native will always be
suspicious about others.
(1) If the Sun is in the 4th
house, the native's father will
die in his
(2) If the Sun is in the 10th
house and moon is in the 5th house
will have a very short life.
(3) If the 4th house is without
any planet, the native will be
government favours and benefits.
(1) Never wear blue or black
(2) Throwing a copper coin in a
river or canal for 43 years will
(3) Abstain from liquor and meat.
in 11th House
(1) If the native is vegetarian he
will have three sons and will
the house and will get benefits
(1) The Moon is in the 5th house
and the Sun is not expected by
planets, the will have a short
(1) Abstain from meat and wine.
(2) Keep almonds or radishes near
the head of the bed and offer it
next day for long life and
in 12th House
(1) If Ketu in the 2nd house the
native will earn wealth after 24
have good family life.
(2) If Venus and Mercury are
together their then one will
and the native will always have
steady source of income.
Native will suffer from
depression, financial loss from
machineries and will be punished
by the government.
If the other evil planet is in the
1st house, the native will not be
able to sleep peacefully at night.
(1) Native should always have a
courtyard in his house.
(2) One should be religious and
(3) Keep a Chakki in the house.
(4) Always forgive your enemies.